Today is the last day in my bookmark series. It was such fun that I may make this an annual event. For those of you who are avid readers, I highly recommend the site, Goodreads. I love being able to record the books I’ve read throughout the year. I love going back to the list and reading books by the same same author.
The last bookmark is a different style. It is an EASY bookmark to make — the easiest of all I’ve shown you this week. This would be a great one to make a large quantity of for gifts. You could do it assembly style.
To make the bookmark:
- Cut out Cherry Cobbler card stock to 5 1/2 x 2
- Cut out Whisper White card stock to 4 1/2 x 1 3/4
- Using the Tag Topper Scalloped Punch (133324) punch out the top of the tag.
- Using the Work of Art Stamp Set (134114), stamp the watercolor image in Crushed Curry, Cajan Craze, and Cherry Cobbler (cleaning the stamp well between each color)
- Stamp the flower from the Bloom with Hope Stamp Set.
- Apply Dazzling diamonds (or any color) glitter
- Add Cherry Cobbler and Silver ribbon
My final book recommendation is called The Sisterhood by Helen Bryan. Much of the book takes place in the time of the Spanish Inquisition. The book was riveting and I loved the historical aspects. I am friends with my high school history teacher (it’s been a while since high school . . . :)) and as soon as I finished the book I had to tell her about it. I enjoyed the book (though it was a bit gruesome in some parts) and learned a lot about history, both in Spain and South America.
⇒ Free kit with every $35 order. Click the tab “Specials – Winter 2015” for more information.