I have a new template to release on this beautiful Veteran’s Day. I hope you’re having a great day, whether you have off work or not. This is one of my favorite holidays. I love taking a day to appreciate the men and women who fought for our freedom.
I released my newsletter today and it included my latest template.
What do you think? Want to play along? It has banners — if you’ve never put banners on a card, give it a try and see if you like the effect.
Here’s the card I made:
I used a stamp set I’d been eyeing for a while, and finally bought when Stampin’ Up! had their 15% off sale a few weeks ago. Click here to see details on the stamp set:
For a pdf of the template, click Template 3.
Stamp Set: Awesomely Artistic
Colors: Rose Red, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry
Enjoy the rest of your day,
If you get my newsletter, you’ve seen Template #2. I love it because it’s a basic template, but can look so elegant. Below is the template. You can also click on the template tab and download a pdf.
Here’s a card I made using the template:
I had so much fun using the Sale-A-Bration stamp set using the Lotus Blossom Stamp Set. The flower comes in three pieces so you can add color gradients and dimension. It is so lovely — and fun to use! And it’s FREE with a $50 order till the end of March.
Here are the supplies I used to make the card:
- Lotus Blossom Stamp Set (FREE during Sale-A-Bration)
- Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, and Momento Tuxedo Ink
- Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack (133701), Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, and Soft Sky
- Vintage Faceted Buttons (127555), Sponge, Doilies, Gold Baker’s Twine
I have a new feature I’ll be doing on my site — every month I’ll be releasing a new card template. I hope you use it to make some beautiful cards. If you do, I’d love to see a picture of the card so send them to me!
Here’s the card I made for the first template. To see more information about the template, click on the template tab on the top of the blog or click here.
Cut paper to the following dimensions:
- Lost Lagoon 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
- Purple Designer Paper 3 x 5
- Whisper White 4 1/4 x 2
- Gold Glimmer 3/16 x 4 1/4 (cut 2)
- Crushed Curry Scrap paper
To make the card:
- Fold the Lost Lagoon in half. Stamp the dots image from the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set in versamark or Lost Lagoon ink.
- Adhere the Purple Designer Paper to the card.
- Stamp the Sentiment in Blackberry Bliss to the white card stock.
- Adhere the glitter paper to the white paper using a thin line of tombow glue. Using dimensionals, adhere to the ard.
- Using Blackberry Bliss, stamp the flower on the scrap piece of paper. Cut it out using the flower punch. Use tombow glue or a dimensional to adhere to the card.
- Thread a glass button with white and make bow. Adhere to the flower using a glue dot.